Newsletter September 2020
The end of September is always about getting ready for the new season’s harvest! The olives are big and beautiful and we are sure that our production will be great! End of next month we are starting with the harvest so the new KUKUZI extra virgin olive oil will be in your kitchen as soon as possible!
Have you already tried our #bestseller 5 lt. KUKUZI EVOO Family Edition Blend? If not you need to be quick as it will be soon out of stock 🙁 Four unique olive oil varieties from our land are mixed together to produce an impeccable taste always accompanied by premium quality.
One of the dishes that are highlighted by a very good extra virgin olive oil is undoubtedly a tomato soup. This simple recipe produces a fine taste only by using non expensive and quality ingredients. The use of ripe and tasty tomatoes is very important in order to create a great dish!
Total cooking time: 17 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 big ripe tomatoes
- 3 grilled red bell peppers in KUKUZI EVOO
- ½ cup of KUKUZI extra virgin olive oil and a bit extra for brushing
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- KUKUZI Aromatic Salt, for extra taste
- Black pepper
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 5-10 leaves of basil (according to personal taste)
- Cut a small cross in the bottom of each tomato and place them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove them to a bowl of ice water and let them cool for 30 seconds. Peel off the tomato skins.
- Put the peeled tomatoes, red bell peppers, extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, shallot, garlic, and basil in your blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a large pot over medium heat, and heat until cooked through.
- Brush the bread with extra virgin olive oil and grill for 2 minutes per side over medium-high heat, or until visible grill marks have formed.
For a more spicy and intense taste, season with chilli flakes.