Newsletter March 2021
We are very sad because, due to the pandemic, we will not be able to host you to our olive groves for another year. We hope to see you there again soon, so you can see where and how our award-winning olive oil is made and you can taste the delicacies of our land. When the conditions are good again, we promise you an unforgettable experience!
Thank you for the beautiful photos with KUKUZI products that you have been sending to us! Share your lovely recipes, aesthetics, and delicious results with us, and mention @kukuzioliveoil on your social media. The photo that will get the most likes by the end of the year will win a wonderful gift from us!
Greece is a country surrounded by the sea and therefore fish is an important ingredient in Greek cuisine. The following recipe (from famous Greek chef Akis Petretzikis) is about an extremely nutritious (and quite economical) fish that can be underlined by the use of KUKUZI products!
• 1 kg of sardines
• 6 tbsp. White wine
• 4 tbsp. Lemon juice
• 6 tbsp. KUKUZI olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp. aromatic salt KUKUZI
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 teaspoon Oregano KUKUZI
• 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
• Wash the fish. Remove the scales with a knife (from the side that does not cut). Then remove the heads by cutting at an angle to the belly with a sharp knife. Tear the belly to the tail and remove the viscera and central bone. The fish should remain attached to the back. If you don’t want to do it yourself, you can ask your fish seller to clean the fish.
• Rinse the fish under running water and allow to drain in a colander.
• Mix the wine, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
• Put the fish in a pan, sprinkle them with the marinade and leave in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
• Preheat the oven (air) to 180 ° C.
• Spread the garlic slices on the sardines and cook for 30 minutes.
• Take out of the oven and remove the garlic slices.
• Serve hot with tomatoes, parsley, lemon wedges and freshly ground pepper.
Give it a try and you won’t regret it!